Bal Harbour Shops Hosts Third Annual Collectors Weekend
The third annual Bal Harbour Shops Collectors Weekend will take place Thursday, November 1st through Sunday, November 4th at Bal Harbour Shops, the most exclusive shopping destination in the nation and first all-luxury fashion center featuring high-end retailers.
Kicking-off the South Florida Fall/Winter season for collectors of both watches and automobiles, the weekend will combine a showcase of rare and limited-edition timepieces from watch brands including Audemars Piguet, Buccellati, Bulgari, Chopard, David Yurman, Graff, Harry Winston, Hublot, Panerai, Rolex by Tourneau, Tourneau, and Van Cleef & Arpels and a must-attend car show featuring the one-of- a-kind Pagani Huayra L’Ultimo and a line-up of Supercars and Hypercars.
The center courtyard of Bal Harbour Shops will be transformed into a by-invitation-only VIP suite on November 1st and November 2nd for select watch brands, in addition to in-store activations at all boutiques open to the public throughout the weekend.
Featured timepieces include:
• Audemars Piguet: Royal Oak Concept Flying Tourbillon – The Royal Oak Concept collection’s first model for women is the epitome of mechanical jewelry timepieces. The open-worked dial reveals the watch’s flying tourbillon, while the 18-carat white gold case, dial and inner bezel are set with baguette-cut diamonds.
• Tourneau: Carl F. Bucherer Manero Tourbillon – The Carl F. Bucherer demonstrates its innovative capacity with the introduction of the new Manero Tourbillon Double Peripheral. The CFB T3000, a unique movement developed entirely in-house, is a world first that combines a peripheral automatic winding system and a peripherally mounted tourbillon that appears to float. Featuring hand-stitched Louisiana alligator leather in dark brown, this timepiece has an 18K rose gold case with 18K rose gold folding clasp and automatic movement.
• Panerai: Lo Scienziato - Luminor 1950 Tourbillon GMT Titanio – With its titanium case 3D-printed using the technique of Direct Metal Laser Sintering, Lo Scienziato - Luminor 1950 Tourbillon GMT is undoubtedly one of the most innovative and surprising creations of the Panerai Manufacture in Neuchâtel. In the new model the blue of the hands, harmonizing with the metallic tones of the titanium case, is also used on the flange and in the sewing of the black leather strap, giving the watch an even sportier appearance.
• Graff: Graff Celestial – The Celestial watch is a dramatic timepiece comprising varied diamond cuts to create a delicate web of stones that echoes the network of stars within the night sky. This timepiece features multi-shaped white and yellow diamonds (35.25 carats).
• Van Cleef & Arpels: Lady Arpels Planétarium – This new feminine Poetic Complication timepiece provides a miniature representation of the movement of the three closest planets to the sun. The diamond moon, rotating around Earth, sparkles in this celestial ballet. Featuring a 38mm diameter case in white gold set with diamonds, this self-winding, mechanical movement featuring a Planétarium module was developed exclusively for Van Cleef & Arpels.
On Saturday, November 3rd and Sunday, November 4th, a spotlight on the rarest high-performance Supercars and Hypercars will be on display in the center premium lot of Bal Harbour Shops. The two-day exhibition for auto enthusiasts and Supercar aficionados will highlight the Pagani Huayra L’Ultimo, a completely new Hypercar created through a collaboration between Pagani of Miami’s Brett David and Pagani Automobili S.P.A. Inspired by Formula One World Champion Lewis Hamilton, the car represents what is possible through Pagani’s new virtual technology which allows clients to customize their cars in a virtual 3-D realm.
Additional automobiles featured prominently among the exceptional showcase of collectible and exotic cars will include:
• The 1971 Lamborghini Miura S owned by rock legend Eddie Van Halen for over 30 years and rarely seen in public
• A gathering of special paint and unique color palettes to sample from the factory, which makes the Porsche 918 Spyder models so rare and valuable
On Saturday, Lamborghini will also spotlight the latest and greatest offerings for discerning auto connoisseurs offered for sale by select exotic and luxury manufacturers. For an impressive conclusion to the weekend, the Sunday line-up will kick-off with a private rally co-hosted by John Temerian, Jr. and Ronnie Vogel for Supercar owners to arrive at the main entrance of Bal Harbour Shops.
For more information on the 3rd Annual Bal Harbour Shops Collectors Weekend, click here.